Position Title: Education Program Consultant
Iowa Public Television is seeking a creative individual to design and develop websites and interactive applications to support education and viewer engagement initiatives. Strong programming, database and web design skills are required.
This person will:
- work with team to determine site requirements
- create site concepts, interface design, and architecture
- serve as the technical lead for front-end and back-end applications
- troubleshoot and maintain existing sites
- and participate in other duties related to publishing of digital media content.
- Experience with Drupal, Wordpress, or similar CMS tools
- Experience creating SQL relational databases
- Graphic and interface design
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Familiarity with responsive design and formatting websites for mobile delivery
- Quick learner and ability to participate in multiple projects at once
- Experience with cross-browser and standards compliance, SEO, and accessibility/disability requirements
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Objective-C, or other languages/frameworks a plus
Graduation from an accredited college or university in a related field and professional experience equal to three years of full-time work, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
The position requires good verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work in a team environment. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a creative organization with a public service mission to educate, inform, enrich, and inspire Iowans.
Applicants should submit a complete resume, a portfolio of sites and/or Web applications developed, three professional references, and an IPTV application. The application and contact information can be found on the IPTV Employment page.
Application period for this position:
Open Until Filled
To apply for this position at Iowa Public Television, or for more information, contact:
Iowa Public Television
6450 Corporate Drive
P.O. Box 6450
Johnston, Iowa 50131