You have trusted us for many years to provide responsible and quality content for children. As we move into the cyberspace world, this trust becomes even more important to you, and to us. We believe the following promises will improve the safety, value, and enjoyment of your child's visits to our site and our affiliated sites.
- We will not collect personally identifiable information from your child.
- If your child sends us an e-mail with a question or comment, or enters one of our contests, we will respond using his or her e-mail, but will not store it for future communications.
- If we know that your child is under the age of thirteen, we will collect your permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we mail any prizes or share your child's personal information with anyone else.
- If your child submits stories, artwork, comments or anything else to us which is posted at our site, he or she will be identified only by first name, age, city and state.
We also promise to help children, their families and communities find the information they need to use the Internet safely and responsibly.
- When a Iowa Public Television site is partially funded by outside sponsors, we will mark any underwriter logos with a "sponsored by" tag. We select our underwriters carefully, to ensure that the company's products and services fit Iowa Public Television standards. Iowa Public Television sites will not contain advertisements promoting e-commerce or direct links to e-commerce.
- We will continue to empower children by helping them to make informed choices.
You and your child's use of this site are conditioned on your having accepted these terms. You should check back at this policy frequently, since it is subject to change from time to time, and your continued use of the site is conditioned upon your acceptance of any modifications hereto.
We want to make this site a place where families can surf together, and where parents and caregivers are happy to have their children interact, learn and play. If you have any comments or questions, we're happy to hear them. This is, after all, your site.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, send us an e-mail at email@example.com. You may also contact us at 6450 Corporate Drive, P.O. Box 6450, Johnston, IA 50131 (800) 532-1290.