Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, May 19, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:00 AM
- NOVA - Geneticists explore what happened when the first humans encountered Neanderthals 60,000 years ago.
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - Over 20,000 zebras make their epic migration across the Kalahari's Makgadikgadi Pans in Africa.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca and Kevin enjoy Thanksgiving at Uncle Brendan's. Rebecca finally learns the source of Brendan's...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca meets with her advisor to talk about catching up in her studies. Alberto shows up and invites her to...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - This program looks at major events, inventions, and ideas that have shaped the world and its cultures, from ancient...
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - Business people and economics teachers explain the basics of money, finance, markets, and commerce.
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - Explores the foundations and structure of American government and the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - Explores the relevance of geography--from the impact of humans on the environment to how places and regions define our...
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - Professor Wiseman gets plenty of stress during a picnic with George and the Man with the Yellow Hat.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - Sally and Nick are getting their hair cut today. They get some styling help from the Wig-o-lator.
- 8:00 AM
- Super Why! - If the Beast can turn down his roaring, Beauty might learn they're not as different as she thinks.
- 8:30 AM
- Dinosaur Train - Team Pteranodon travels to Dienosuchas Swamp and meet a 40 foot crocodile with a crabby attitude.
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - After telling the tale of a giant evil artichoke, Bampy Botsford sparks panic throughout the city.
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - The Kratts are on a mission to decode the secret language of one of the smartest animals, Dolphins!
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - Martin and Chris are on a mission to uncover the secret life of the mysterious Great White Shark.
- 1:00 PM
- Great Performances at the Met - Director Michael Mayer places his new production of Verdi's towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960.
- 11:00 PM
- Independent Lens - One of America's most shameful secrets, the epidemic of rape within the US military, is examined.