Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, March 3, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:30 AM
- Iowa Outdoors
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - A look back at this remarkable animal through extraordinary footage and interviews with researchers.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- When Rebecca returns from her audition, Nancy advises her to clear up the situation with the Mendoza...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca and Ramon exchange Christmas gifts--and a kiss. Ramon suggests they spend New Year's together. Back in...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - Episode 13 explores elements of fiction in short stories by Edgar Allan Poe, Flannery O'Connor, and James Baldwin...
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - Poet Sonia Sanchez reads from her work and shows how to analyze a poem, U.S. Poet Laureate Robert Pinsky introduces...
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - This episode explores the elements of drama through a play written by an adult learner and goes behind the scenes...
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - This episode presents tips on reading and interpreting maps, charts, and graphics; information on the content areas...