Educational TV Schedule: Thursday, March 7, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 2:00 AM
- Core Biology - Today the Animal Sciences – Zoology -- form the knowledge basis for such diverse disciplines as human physiology and...
- 2:28 AM
- Core Biology - The story of the creation of the new biological discipline, environmental science, which includes the study of...
- 3:00 AM
- The Habitable Planet - Earth's essential systems are being stressed in many ways. There are many tipping points in the environment, beyond...
- 3:30 AM
- New Madrid Seismic Zone:... - Nearly 200 years ago, a series of earthquakes emanating from the Midwest rocked North America.
- 4:00 AM
- Green Matters: What in the... - What a novel idea, getting up close and personal with plants, animals and the environment and then leaving it just...
- 4:31 AM
- The Domains of Life - How the evolutionary tree branches over time forms the basis for biological classification. As our understanding of...
- 5:00 AM
- Biz Kid$ - Stocks, bonds, commodities, and the markets where each of them are traded are examined.
- 5:29 AM
- Bill Nye the Science Guy: Life... - Bill Nye explores the mysterious world of insects and talks to special guest Queen Latifah, who's abuzz about her...
- 6:30 AM
- Martha Speaks - Professor Monkey's wacky inventions propel Martha into a world of new adventures.
- 6:59 AM
- Curious George - George leans to ski, snowshoe and sled in a blizzard and works at the grocery store to earn money.
- 7:38 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - With a shrunken Thingamajigger the kids go inside a bean and meet the moth larvae that lives there.
- 8:17 AM
- Super Why! - The heroes tumble down the rabbit hole to catch up with a famous white rabbit who is very late!
- 8:56 AM
- Dinosaur Train - Dad and Mom take the kids to the Big Pond on a camping trip, where they will wait out the drought.
- 9:34 AM
- Sesame Street - Brandeis, a Labrador Retriever, is looking for a job on Sesame Street and becomes a service dog!
- 10:34 AM
- Sid The Science Kid - At school, Sid and his friends learn that exercising is a really fun way to stay healthy!
- 11:03 AM
- WordWorld - When Ant gets sick, Pig makes him a special soup that has all the letters in the alphabet in it.
- 12:00 PM
- Caillou - Caillou enjoys his favorite comic strip, writes a letter to Mommy & visits a big school with Sarah.
- 1:00 PM
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - Clifford accidentally looks like a T-shirt from the '60's. Emily helps Mary overcome stage fright.
- 2:00 PM
- Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman - Ruff sends the FETCHers to Washington D.C. for training to become secret agents.
- 2:30 PM
- The Electric Company - Marcus and Manny are contestants on a game show and Francine is the surprise guest host.
- 3:00 PM
- Arthur - Arthur and friends find what looks like a list of their class rankings in the Principal's office.