Educational TV Schedule: Friday, March 8, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 3:00 AM
- Bridging World History - What is the impact of the individual in world history? This unit examines the role of individual and collective...
- 3:28 AM
- Bridging World History - How have the forces of globalization shaped the modern world? This unit travels from the Soviet Union to Sri Lanka and...
- 4:00 AM
- The Power of Place: Geography... - 'Indonesia: Tourists and Terrorists'--Why was Bali a target for terrorists? We explore the underlying tourist...
- 4:44 AM
- Assignment: The World
- 5:00 AM
- Biz Kid$ - The kids explore philosophy and sales techniques and learn traits common to all good salespeople.
- 5:29 AM
- Bill Nye the Science Guy: Life... - You are what you eat! That's right...Everything from your eyeballs to your elbows is made of food! Bill tells us what...
- 6:30 AM
- Martha Speaks - Martha discovers that it isn't who spends money, but how you spend it, that matters most.
- 8:58 AM
- Dinosaur Train - The long-awaited rain returns and grows into a hurricane! The family finds shelter in a cave.
- 9:37 AM
- Sesame Street - Cookie Monster is waiting for Chris to finish baking cookies, but it's hard for him to wait!
- 10:35 AM
- Sid The Science Kid - Sid learns the benefits of nutritious foods, washing his hands, brushing his teeth and exercising.
- 11:04 AM
- WordWorld - Duck helps Shark when he is afraid to go to school. Shark can't fall asleep after losing his tooth.
- 12:01 PM
- Caillou - Caillou and Gilbert paint Rosie's dollhouse. He learns to play baseball, swim and tie his shoe.
- 12:59 PM
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - Mac discovers his special talent. The dogs go out of their way to impress a famous dog champion.
- 2:00 PM
- Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman - The kids work on sand sculpture at the beach and learn about hair and beauty at a salon.
- 2:30 PM
- The Electric Company - After seeing a commercial for Francine's Return-a-ball invention, Marcus buys it and it won't work.
- 3:00 PM
- Arthur - Fern spins a tall tale to convince Brain that giant worms are really attacking Elwood City!
- 3:29 PM
- Wild Kratts - Aviva miniaturizes the Kratt Brothers who embark on the Monarch butterfly's 2,000 mile migration.
- 4:10 PM
- WordGirl - Everyone in town loves the new Walk and Talk WordGirl doll, but it misuses and misspells words!
- 4:50 PM
- Curious George - George uses his camera and sharp investigative skills to find out why Hundley is acting so strange.