Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, March 10, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:30 AM
- Iowa Outdoors
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - Follows the effort to restore Mesopotamian Marshes, a wildlife habitat destroyed by Saddam Hussein.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Alex and Vincent go ice skating on their big night, and Alex falls and hurts his ankle. Meanwhile, their...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Viewers meet Rebecca Casey, an aspiring young singer. We also meet her boyfriend Matt, who doesn't think much of her...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - This program explores key events and themes--such as the nation's multicultural nature--that have made the United...
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - This program looks at major events, inventions, and ideas that have shaped the world and its cultures, from ancient...
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - Business people and economics teachers explain the basics of money, finance, markets, and commerce.
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - Explores the foundations and structure of American government and the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.
- 2:09 PM
- America's Darling: The Story... - After being suspended from college, Des Moines Register cartoonist and pioneering conservationist Jay Norwood "Ding"...