Educational TV Schedule: Thursday, March 14, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 2:00 AM
- Core Biology - Microbiology, which includes genetics, is the story of understanding how the cell works. The many cellular...
- 2:29 AM
- Core Biology - Jared Diamond's central thesis in his bestselling book, “Guns, Germs and Steel,” is that the fate of human...
- 3:00 AM
- Alan Alda in Scientific American... - This episode tackles the basic problem that confronts those who are overweight - how to lose weight and keep it...
- 4:00 AM
- Land Between Two Rivers - This introductory program surveys four geologic eras: the Precambrian, the Paleozoic, the Mesozoic and the Cenozoic. A...
- 4:29 AM
- Land Between Two Rivers - The Pennsylvanian Age, a time when Iowa was much closer to the equator, is discussed with a look at shale deposits...
- 5:00 AM
- Biz Kid$ - The kids meet visionaries who create thriving organizations & powerful movements for social change.
- 5:29 AM
- Bill Nye the Science Guy:... - Bill uses the 'Dollhouse of Science' to demonstrate how architects design buildings. Then, he travels to Japan to...
- 6:30 AM
- Martha Speaks - Martha is given a part in Alice in Wonderland and is thrilled until she learns what she's cast as.
- 8:58 AM
- Dinosaur Train - The Pteranodon kids visit the Jurassic Time Period to meet Apollo Apatosaurus, who likes adventure.
- 9:37 AM
- Sesame Street - Superchef pops up and announces that Alan has been chosen as the next challenger on Cast Iron Cooks!
- 10:33 AM
- Sid The Science Kid - Sid and his friends discover that there are animal habitats all around us, even in old tree stumps.
- 11:02 AM
- WordWorld - Duck is getting his portrait painted and Frog and Sheep help him build a tie, top hat and tutu.
- 12:00 PM
- Caillou - Caillou makes pizza for dinner with his family and learns how much fun bowling can be.
- 1:00 PM
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - Clifford accidentally breaks a present for Emily. Clifford tries to stay clean for a contest.
- 2:00 PM
- Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman - The kids work on sand sculpture at the beach and learn about hair and beauty at a salon.
- 2:30 PM
- The Electric Company - Can Lisa's campaign message win over Francine's dirty politics in the Book Club President election?
- 3:00 PM
- Arthur - When Francine and Brain compete to become student of the month, Francine resorts to lying to win.
- 3:30 PM
- Wild Kratts - Donita Donata has been capturing all the fireflies to use in the making of a sparkly dress.
- 4:09 PM
- WordGirl - Granny May decides to become more notorious by committing big crimes involving crazy contraptions.
- 4:49 PM
- Curious George - George brings some new toys in the tub and a few of them spiral down the drain, causing a clog.