Educational TV Schedule: Saturday, March 23, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 2:00 AM
- Wise Owl Bully Stopper Series - Young viewers learn how to identify different types of bullies.
- 2:13 AM
- Wise Owl Bully Stopper Series - Wise Owl helps viewers learn valuable techniques for standing up for themselves and stopping bullying. Each vignette...
- 2:23 AM
- Wise Owl Bully Stopper Series - Wise Owl offers several strategies for how children can respond when they see someone else being bullied.
- 2:33 AM
- The National Gallery of Art... - The first work of art placed in the National Gallery's East Building, this mobile is also one of the last major...
- 5:00 AM
- Natural Heroes - Six young people are recognized for achievements in environmental and social justice advocacy.
- 5:26 AM
- Natural Heroes - Martin Litton, now 92, prevented dams from being built that would have flooded the Grand Canyon.
- 7:30 AM
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - Cleo shook everyone up when she first came to town and later, she learns to stick by her friends.
- 12:30 PM
- Growing a Greener World - A soil scientist shows all you need to know to make compost at home for free.