Educational TV Schedule: Sunday, March 24, 2013
IPTV Shutting Down Transmitters Overnight
Iowa Public Television is currently shutting our transmitters down every day from midnight to 5 a.m. and our service is not available in these hours. This difficult decision was made to reduce our expenses in light of funding cuts. By powering down the transmitters, we are saving electricity and staff costs. One exception to this is Mediacom Cable. Because Mediacom established a direct connection in our operations center many years ago, the company is able to carry IPTV's signal 24 hours a day, despite the fact that our transmitters are turned off. We receive no money from Mediacom for this. Our overnight service is very important, both to us and our viewers. While we do hope this is a temporary situation, we don't know when or if we will be able to reinstate it. Until the economic climate turns around, this situation is one way we are working to provide service to Iowans within the constraints of our current circumstances.
Find a PreK-12 TV Program
- 12:00 AM
- NOVA - Enter an IBM lab where scientists are working to perfect a machine that can answer any question.
- 1:00 AM
- Nature - Scientists attempt to breed endangered species, including Yangtze turtles and Sumatran rhinos.
- 3:00 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- Rebecca gives her final music lesson while her father secretly goes shopping for a car to give her. After...
- 3:26 AM
- Connect with English - Pt. 1- When Rebecca reaches the Southwest in her cross-country drive, the car breaks down on a deserted road. She...
- 4:00 AM
- GED Connection - This episode defines an element, illustrates some chemical reactions, and explores practical applications of...
- 4:26 AM
- GED Connection - Explores the physics involved in roller coasters, space flight, sound, electricity, and MRI technology.
- 5:00 AM
- GED Connection - This program gives valuable advice on what to expect from and how to prepare for the GED math test, including...
- 5:26 AM
- GED Connection - Explores the language of math and how you can use logic and common sense to make number problems more manageable.
- 7:00 AM
- Curious George - George brings dogs from a Dog Show to the apartment. Later, he tries to store food in the ground.
- 7:30 AM
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot... - Sally and Nick meet Percy the penguin. After a fun race the kids learn that not all birds can fly.
- 8:00 AM
- Super Why! - The superheroes join fairytale heroes to play in a big soccer match against their storybook foes.
- 8:30 AM
- Dinosaur Train - The Conductor takes the family deep under the sea in a brand-new invention, a submarine!
- 9:00 AM
- WordGirl - While the Botsfords celebrate New Years Eve Dr. Two Brains plans to turn the moon into cheese.
- 9:30 AM
- Wild Kratts - Zach Varmitech has kidnapped endangered Tasmanian Devils to create a ferocious new Zachbot.
- 10:00 AM
- Wild Kratts - Martin and Chris dive down deep into an Arctic trench in Aviva's new Octopod submarine.
- 1:00 PM
- Great Performances at the Met - Composer Thomas Ades conducts, with baritone Simon Keenlyside starring as Prospero.
- 3:30 PM
- Alone in the Wilderness - Richard Proenneke set out alone to build a log cabin and explore a pristine land unchanged by man.
- 5:28 PM
- Iowa Outdoors
- 7:00 PM
- Live from Lincoln Center - This intimate yet all-American concert features the star's most celebrated work in every genre.
- 11:00 PM
- Independent Lens - A close look at the citizen activists who fought for three decades to end apartheid in South Africa.