Cachao: Uno Mas (#2304)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Watch the full documentary celebrating the Father of Mambo, Israel "Cachao" Lopez 01:24:43
Gloria Estefen, Andy Garcia, and John Santos tell their favorite stories about Cachao 09:59
Celebrates the Father of Mambo, Israel "Cachao" Lopez, on September 20, 2010 00:31
Full Program: Composer Marvin Hamlisch gave the world "A Chorus Line," "The Way We Were," and much more. 01:23:11
Director Bob Smeaton talks about the making of Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin'. 05:35
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- A Fierce Green Fire (#2701)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)
- Tanaquil LeClercq: Afternoon of a Faun (#2703)
- Pete Seeger: The Power of Song (#2101)
- Plimpton! Starring George Plimpton As Himself (#2702)
- Carol Burnett: A Woman of Character (#2008)
- Judy Garland: By Myself (#1704)