Cachao: Uno Mas (#2304)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Watch the full documentary celebrating the Father of Mambo, Israel "Cachao" Lopez 01:24:43
Gloria Estefen, Andy Garcia, and John Santos tell their favorite stories about Cachao 09:59
Celebrates the Father of Mambo, Israel "Cachao" Lopez, on September 20, 2010 00:31
Full Program: Composer Marvin Hamlisch gave the world "A Chorus Line," "The Way We Were," and much more. 01:23:11
Director Bob Smeaton talks about the making of Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin'. 05:35
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a December Celebration program
- Fri, December 26, 9:00 PM on IPTV
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dorothea Lange: Grab A Hunk of Lightning (#2704)
- Alice Walker: Beauty In Truth (#2606)
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe: The Godmother of Rock & Roll (#2602)
- A Fierce Green Fire (#2701)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)