A Letter to Elia (#2305)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Watch Martin Scorsese's documentary, a labor of love, honoring the legendary Elia Kazan 01:25:40
Watch excerpts from Martin Scorsese's documentary tribute to legendary director Elia Kazan 05:06
Composed of clips, stills, readings from Kazan's autobiography and his speech on directing (read by Elias Koteas), a... 00:31
Full Program: Composer Marvin Hamlisch gave the world "A Chorus Line," "The Way We Were," and much more. 01:23:11
Director Bob Smeaton talks about the making of Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin'. 05:35
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Indicates a December Celebration program
- Fri, December 26, 9:00 PM on IPTV
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dorothea Lange: Grab A Hunk of Lightning (#2704)
- Alice Walker: Beauty In Truth (#2606)
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe: The Godmother of Rock & Roll (#2602)
- A Fierce Green Fire (#2701)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)