This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Earl Slick remembers meeting John Lennon 01:37
Jack Douglas talks about meeting John Lennon and the experience of producing Imagine. 03:29
Pop music critic and author Robert Hilburn recalls a time when he met John Lennon 01:25
Full Program: Watch the full documentary on Lennon's life in New York City during the 1970s 01:54:10
Adam Ippolito of Elephant's Memory describes meeting John Lennon 01:43
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
Billie Jean King (#2604)
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- American Ballet Theatre: A History (#2803)
- James Levine: America's Maestro (#2403)
- Jascha Heifetz: God's Fiddler (#2802)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)
- Judy Garland: By Myself (#1704)
- Dorothea Lange: Grab A Hunk of Lightning (#2704)
- Alice Walker: Beauty In Truth (#2606)
- August Wilson: The Ground On Which I Stand (#2705)
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe: The Godmother of Rock & Roll (#2602)
- Ricky Jay: Deceptive Practice (#2801)