This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Earl Slick remembers meeting John Lennon 01:37
Jack Douglas talks about meeting John Lennon and the experience of producing Imagine. 03:29
Pop music critic and author Robert Hilburn recalls a time when he met John Lennon 01:25
Full Program: Watch the full documentary on Lennon's life in New York City during the 1970s 01:54:10
Adam Ippolito of Elephant's Memory describes meeting John Lennon 01:43
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Dorothea Lange: Grab A Hunk of Lightning (#2704)
- A Fierce Green Fire (#2701)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)
- Tanaquil LeClercq: Afternoon of a Faun (#2703)
- Pete Seeger: The Power of Song (#2101)
- Plimpton! Starring George Plimpton As Himself (#2702)
- Carol Burnett: A Woman of Character (#2008)