Cab Calloway: Sketches (#2502)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Danny Holgate plays a section of "Ain't Necesarily So" 00:27
The Blues Brothers Band tells a story about meeting Cab Calloway in an elevator 02:22
Writers and critics discuss the long-time rivalry between Cab and Dizzy 02:29
Musician Chris Calloway Brooks discusses the music of Cab Calloway 03:43
Musicians and cultural historians discuss how Cab's hair played into his celebrity 01:49
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
Harper Lee: American Masters (#2504)
The Day Carl Sandburg Died (#2505)
- Sat, July 25, 9:00 PM on IPTV World
Alice Walker: Beauty In Truth (#2606)
- Sat, July 25, 10:30 PM on IPTV World
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Billie Jean King (#2604)
- American Ballet Theatre: A History (#2803)
- James Levine: America's Maestro (#2403)
- Jascha Heifetz: God's Fiddler (#2802)
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)
- Judy Garland: By Myself (#1704)
- Dorothea Lange: Grab A Hunk of Lightning (#2704)
- Alice Walker: Beauty In Truth (#2606)