The Day Carl Sandburg Died (#2505)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
See and hear Carl Sandburg read "Arches": an excerpt from "The Day Carl Sandburg Died." These words appear in... 01:08
Watch the trailer for "The Day Carl Sandburg Died." It premieres on AMERICAN MASTERS Monday, Sept. 24, 2012 at 10... 01:47
See and hear Carl Sandburg's Chicago in a scene from "The Day Carl Sandburg Died." It's a city that's the archetype of... 02:46
Full Program: Composer Marvin Hamlisch gave the world "A Chorus Line," "The Way We Were," and much more. 01:23:11
Full Program: Explores the life, works and beliefs of the late writer and civil rights activist. 01:25:12
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning primetime specials examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most outstanding cultural artists. Created in 1984 by Susan Lacy and produced by Thirteen/WNET for national public television, the series is both a celebration and an exploration of creativity in America. Consisting of more than 250 hours of programming to date, AMERICAN MASTERS is a growing film library documenting the role important individuals, groups, and movements have played in the formation of our cultural identity.
All Upcoming Episodes
Jascha Heifetz: God's Fiddler (#2802)
James Levine: America's Maestro (#2403)
These episodes of American Masters aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Margaret Mitchell: American Rebel (#2503)
- Judy Garland: By Myself (#1704)
- Dorothea Lange: Grab A Hunk of Lightning (#2704)
- Alice Walker: Beauty In Truth (#2606)
- August Wilson: The Ground On Which I Stand (#2705)
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe: The Godmother of Rock & Roll (#2602)
- Ricky Jay: Deceptive Practice (#2801)
- Marvin Hamlisch: What He Did for Love (#2605)