Documenting Historical Decay In Brandenburg (#1037)
Carreras Sanlucar - Racing on the Beach - Every year in August the beach at Sanlucar de Barrameda in Andalusia, Spain, turns into one of the most beautiful race courses in the world. In fact, the "Carreras Sanlucar" attracts as many as 30,000 spectators who watch around 100 jockeys galloping on their horses at sunset along the beach.
Heavy-Metal Pianist VIKA - Classically trained pianist VIKA or Viktoriya Yermolyeva of Ukraine has become known more for her heavy metal music performances on the keyboard. We had an opportunity to talk to her and watch her in concert.
Film Producer Marina Cicogna - The 71st Venice Film Festival has begun. One lady who has been connected to the event since the start is 80-year-old Marina Cicogna. As a successful film producer she's won a Golden Lion herself, but her priority now is making sure that the prestigious festival is always a special one.
Kiiking in Estonia - This is a modified version of the playground activity of swinging - and is now considered an extreme sport. It's basically doing loop-the-loop over the bar. Participants are fastened in to make sure they don't fall out because of the G-forces. The telescoping swing arms, made of steel, can be gradually extended to increase the challenge.
The "Officers House" in Wunsdorf - The "Officers' House" in the former Red Army base at Wunsdorf in the state of Brandenburg has stood empty since the withdrawal of Soviet Forces from Germany in 1994. Its "shabby charm" is a magnet for photographers such as Andreas Boettger, who is documenting the building's slow decay. [26 minutes]
Series Description: DW-TV's euromaxx provides an insight into the cultural side of Europe and the people who live there with colorful stories that reflect the rich variety of cultural life in Europe. From architecture and design to pop culture and fashion, euromaxx explores the region's new trends as well as its old traditions. euromaxx is as multi-facetted as Europe itself: an entertaining kaleidoscope of people, places and lifestyle. Each half-hour is packed with features focused on the latest in music, movies, fashion, food and travel. euromaxx always has a fresh take on today's culture - it's what's happening today and this week. It's topical, relevant, and as fresh as this week's Sunday newspaper.
All Upcoming Episodes
These episodes of euromaxx Highlights aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Documenting Historical Decay In Brandenburg (#1037)
- Enchanting Latvian Spa Resort (#1036)
- Episode #1035
- Explore The Island Paradise of Capri (#1034)
- Island-hopping between Sweden and Finland on the Aland Islands (#1033)
- Flying Pianist Takes Music to the Airwaves (#1032)
- Vacationing In Ruins Medieval-Style (#1031)
- Episode #1030
- Good Vibes: Jazz Mountain Climbing (#1029)
- Kiel Week: Smooth Sailing of Old-Time Naval Vessels (#1028)
- Extreme Sport: Climbing Offwidth (#1027)
- Monaco's Grand Prix: Touring The Legendary Race (#1026)
- Pilatus Cogwheel Railway on Lake Lucerne 125th Anniversary (#1025)
- Ipad Wizard: Digital Magic Tricks (#1024)
- Gardner's Paradise: Leeds Castle In England (#1023)
- Explore The English Channel Island of Jersey (#1022)
- Adrenaline Adventure In Austrian Alps (#1021)
- Touring Wales By Air (#1020)
- Explore The Island-Archipelago of Santorini (#1019)
- Episode #1018
- Typical Taste of Brittany: Visit Saint Malo In France (#1017)