Joanne Weir's Cooking Class
Series Description: Joanne Weir's Cooking Class is a brand new 26-part cooking series featuring award-winning cooking teacher and author Joanne Weir. Joanne's actual home kitchen becomes the classroom for each show as she works side-by-side with a real-world student for a hands-on cooking lesson. The student and viewer learn how to prepare a wide variety of Weir's latest Mediterranean-inspired recipes, using the freshest and most seasonal ingredients available. As she shares her special cooking techniques, tips and tricks, and culinary fundamentals, Joanne guides students through solutions to their real-life cooking dilemmas - over-whipped egg whites, gummy risotto, and broken emulsions. At the end of each class, Joanne and her student taste the fruits of their labors and discuss key insights. Within each show are Joanne's reflections and remarks and student "confessionals" - personal comments to camera that give the series a slightly irreverent, reality show feel. There are also expert wine tips from sommelier Eugenio Jardim.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Joanne Weir's Cooking Class aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Golden Gazpacho & Chicken Breasts with Relish (#226)
- Veal Chops with Salad & Pineapple Sorbet (#225)
- Salmon with Herb Sauce & Orange Olive Oil Cake (#224)
- Zucchini Blossom Risotto & Lemon-Shrimp Risotto (#223)
- Grilled Sea Bass with Romesco & Summer Vegetables (#222)
- Tomato & Mozzarella Farfalle & Crispy Cracker Bread (#221)
- Ricotta Mint Ravioli & Lemon Salad (#220)
- Cherry Tomato Pizza & Fennel Arugula Salad (#219)