Taste of Louisiana with Chef John Folse & Co.: Our Food Heritage
Series Description: A TASTE OF LOUISIANA WITH CHEF JOHN FOLSE & CO.: OUR FOOD HERITAGE XI uncovers the history behind the bayou state's signature Cajun and Creole dishes. The 26-part series celebrates the multicultural influences on Louisiana's cuisine in colorful and informative sequences filmed in picturesque locales and in cooking segments taped before a live studio audience. In addition, noted historians and chefs discuss the origins of Louisiana's most revered foods and recipes. The series reflects Folse's philosophy on cooking: choose the culinary heritage of your people, select regional ingredients and, finally, practice simplicity.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Taste of Louisiana with Chef John Folse & Co.: Our Food Heritage aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- German Christmas (#1126)
- The Creoles of Cane River (#1125)
- New Orleans' Creoles (#1124)
- St. Joseph's Day Altars (#1123)
- Italian Entrepreneurs (#1122)
- Italian Immigration to America (#1121)
- The Battle of New Orleans (#1120)
- Native America: Sportsman's Paradise (#1102)
- Rosedown Plantation (#1119)
- English Louisiana (#1118)
- The Germans of New Orleans, Minden and Robert's Cove (#1117)