20th Century Turning Points in U.S. History
Program 3: 1919-1928 (#103)
Program 3: 1919-1928
1919- Prohibition Begins
1920- Women Gain the Right to Vote
1923- Teapot Dome Scandal Typifies the Roaring ‘20s
1924- J. Edgar Hoover Named Head of the FBI
1925- The Scopes Monkey Trial
1926- Goddard Initiates the Space Age
1926- David Sarnoff Founds NBC
1927- Charles Lindbergh Flies Across the Atlantic
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 6-8, 9-12
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 8 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 27 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: This new series highlights significant developments in science, art, politics, technology, and popular culture, providing a clear overview of the people and events that distinguished the twentieth century.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of 20th Century Turning Points in U.S. History aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Program 8: 1973-1999 (#108)
- Program 7: 1964-1973 (#107)
- Program 6: 1953-1963 (#106)
- Program 5: 1944-1952 (#105)
- Program 4: 1929-1943 (#104)
- Program 3: 1919-1928 (#103)
- Program 2: 1908-1918 (#102)
- Program 1: 1900-1907 (#101)