Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Literacy & Languages
- Series Length
- 71 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 28 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: Each episode of "WordWorld" is a narrative built around a wacky troupe of characters, WordFriends, who are characters first and words second. "WordWorld's" WordFriends go on comic adventures and face challenges that can only be resolved with the right word. Sheep is a shy little girl who loves to pretend; Frog is the cautious brainiac and word "expert"; impetuous Duck is still learning his letters; Pig lives in the moment; Ant is a pragmatic bundle of energy; and Dog is a WordFriend's best friend. A key component of the show is word building, a unique moment when children witness a word "morph" into the thing it is. Word building reinforces the pre-reading concept that letters make words and that words have meaning.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Sun, March 22, 8:30 AM on IPTV
- Sun, March 29, 8:30 AM on IPTV
These episodes of WordWorld aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Kite Flight/Hide and Seek (#302)
- A String's The Thing/J-J-Jelly (#301)
- Bed Bugs/Snug As A Bug (#210)
- The Best Nest/Duck's Family Reunion (#209)
- Duck at Bat/You Can Never Have Too Many Oo's (#208)
- Shark's First Day of School/Shark's First Loose Tooth (#207)
- Get Set for "Et"/Duck Plays The Piano (#206)
- Get Well Soon Soup/Mmm-Mmm-Milk! (#205)
- Duck's Hiccups/A.... A.... Choo! (#204)
- The Christmas Star/A Christmas Present for Dog (#125)
- Bugs to the Rescue/Sheep's First Bike Ride (#203)
- Flying Ant/The Dancing Duck Bonanza (#123)
- Play Ball/M Is for Map (#122)
- Bit By Bit/Ride 'em Cowbear (#121)
- Back On Track/The Rainbow Birthday Cake (#120)