Closer to Truth
Diverse Arguments for God (#1006)
I like arguments about God, whether based on science, philosophy or personal experience. I like to push and to be pushed, explore the possible existence of a Creator. I must also consider defeaters of God. [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Closer To Truth explores fundamental issues of universe, brain/mind, religion, meaning and purpose through intimate,...
Full Program: No one could have imagined how immense the universe, or multiple universes, may actually be. 26:00
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Closer To Truth is the definitive series on Cosmos, Consciousness and God, a global journey in search of the vital ideas of existence. It is the most complete, compelling, and accessible series on Cosmos, Consciousness and God ever produced for television. Closer To Truth explores fundamental issues of universe, brain/mind, religion, meaning and purpose through intimate, candid conversations with leading scientists, philosophers, scholars, theologians and creative thinkers of all kinds. The shows are a rich visual experience, shot entirely on location in high definition with multiple cameras generating film-like production values. The visual lushness of the high definition, on-location productions, combined with the intriguing titles of the shows, builds audiences already interested in such perennial topics. Each 30-minute episode features four to seven of the world's foremost thinkers. The series as a whole features 128 such authorities in what we believe to be the most comprehensive and definitive treatment of these topics ever presented in visual or electronic media.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Fri, March 6, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
- Fri, March 13, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
Why Do We Sleep? (#1207)
- Fri, March 20, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
- Fri, March 27, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
These episodes of Closer to Truth aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- What's The New Atheism? (#1204)
- What Would It Feel Like to Be God? (#1203)
- How Do Humans Differ from Other Animals? (#1202)
- Did The Universe Have A Beginning? (#1201)
- What Limits God's Freedom? (#1313)
- Does God's Knowledge Ruin Free Will? (#1312)
- Why God, Not Nothing? (#1311)
- What Can We Learn from Alternative Gods? (#1310)
- Free Will for Moral Responsibility? (#1309)
- What Things Are Real? (#1308)
- What Causes Religious Belief? (#1307)
- Is Death Final? (#1306)
- Can The Divine Be A Person? (#1305)
- Will The Universe Ever End? (#1304)
- Is This God? (#1303)
- What Is Consciousness? (#1302)
- What Is Ultimate Reality? (#1301)