Closer to Truth
Does The Brain Abolish Free Will? (#1013)
Who's the boss, me or my brain? Data from the brain, by itself, does not favor free will. But is there more to me than my brain? How to judge among the vast and competing claims about free will? [26 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Closer To Truth explores fundamental issues of universe, brain/mind, religion, meaning and purpose through intimate,...
Full Program: No one could have imagined how immense the universe, or multiple universes, may actually be. 26:00
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Closer To Truth is the definitive series on Cosmos, Consciousness and God, a global journey in search of the vital ideas of existence. It is the most complete, compelling, and accessible series on Cosmos, Consciousness and God ever produced for television. Closer To Truth explores fundamental issues of universe, brain/mind, religion, meaning and purpose through intimate, candid conversations with leading scientists, philosophers, scholars, theologians and creative thinkers of all kinds. The shows are a rich visual experience, shot entirely on location in high definition with multiple cameras generating film-like production values. The visual lushness of the high definition, on-location productions, combined with the intriguing titles of the shows, builds audiences already interested in such perennial topics. Each 30-minute episode features four to seven of the world's foremost thinkers. The series as a whole features 128 such authorities in what we believe to be the most comprehensive and definitive treatment of these topics ever presented in visual or electronic media.
All Upcoming Episodes
- Fri, September 5, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
- Fri, September 12, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
- Fri, September 19, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
What's The New Atheism? (#1204)
- Fri, September 26, 6:30 AM on IPTV World
These episodes of Closer to Truth aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Why Anything at All? (#1213)
- What Is Nothing? (#1212)
- Panentheism: Is The World In God? (#1211)
- Why Seek An Alternative God? (#1210)
- Why Obsess About Free Will? (#1209)
- Does Cosmic Fine Tuning Demand Explanation? (#1208)
- Why Do We Sleep? (#1207)
- Can Philosophy of Religion Find God? (#1206)
- How Does Personal Identity Persist Through Time? (#1205)
- What's The New Atheism? (#1204)
- What Would It Feel Like to Be God? (#1203)
- How Do Humans Differ from Other Animals? (#1202)
- Did The Universe Have A Beginning? (#1201)