Deep Sea Harvest - Josenfjorden, Norway (#113)
Series Description: The best of Nordic cuisine and culture come to life in PERFECT DAY, the new food, travel and lifestyle series from the producers of New Scandinavian Cooking. PERFECT DAY broadens the scope of Scandinavian cuisine to encompass the delicacies and destinations of the entire Nordic region, including Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark - and even a brief foray to the Cognac region of France. A rotating cast of Scandinavia's best-known cooking personalities guide viewers through each adventure. Newcomer and Finland native Sara La Fountain joins the all-star cast, which includes Norwegian food writer Andreas Viestad, Swedish cookbook author Tina Nordstrom and Danish author/gastronomic entrepreneur Claus Meyer. These charming and enlightening hosts share the culinary highlights, history and unusual ingredients of Nordic cuisine. In each episode, one host embarks on a culinary adventure to intriguing locations in the Nordic countries and beyond before creating tantalizing recipes outdoors, against majestic backdrops.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Perfect Day aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Deep Sea Harvest - Josenfjorden, Norway (#113)
- Sara's French Connection - Finland and France (#112)
- Southern Comfort - Stavanger, Norway (#111)
- Strait Across - Sweden and Denmark (#110)
- Green Paths - Mon, Denmark (#109)
- A Ship with High Spirits - Norway, Denmark (#108)
- Secrets of the Baltic Sea - Aland, Finland (#107)
- A Taste of the Island - Aland, Finland (#106)
- Helsinki on a Plate - Helsinki, Finland (#105)
- Smokey Flavors - Hvide Sande, Denmark (#104)
- Noble Causes - Oslo, Norway (#103)
- Among Lakes and Berries - Karelia, Finland (#102)
- Fire and Ice - Lofoten, Norway (#101)