Ancient Britain--Stonehenge to Celtic Iron Age Forts (#102)
It was once believed that the island of Britain was shaped by continuous invasions and conquering tribes from Europe. But now we know this isn't true. Follow the incredible saga of a glorious 7000 year evolution of Ancient Britain's people - from the earliest Stone Age clans, to the builders of Stonehenge, to the formation of Bronze Age tribes and the founding of Iron Age Hill forts, all leading to the castle building kings and queens and knights that we recognize today. [29 minutes]
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Social Studies
- Series Length
- 11 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 29 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: This sweeping series provides a new perspective to the growth and development of several significant ancient cultures. Unique accomplishments, innovative governance and incredible developments in architecture, empire building and culture are highlighted.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Ancient History aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Maya (#111)
- The Incas (#110)
- The Greek City-State and Democracy (#109)
- Rome Reexamined: The Splendor of Imperial Rome (#108)
- Rome Reexamined: The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (#107)
- Rome Reexamined: Military Triumphs and the Death of the Roman Republic (#106)
- Rome Reexamined: The Rise of the Roman Republic (#105)
- Greek Accomplishments (#104)
- Ancient Pueblo People: The Anasazi (#103)
- Ancient Britain--Stonehenge to Celtic Iron Age Forts (#102)
- America's Prehistoric Civilizations: The Mound Builders (#101)