Great American Authors: Since 1650
Program 8: 1958-Present (#108)
This generation of writer witnessed and participated in WWII ... Korea ... The Cold War ... The Civil Rights movement ... And Vietnam. These experiences shaped the intellectually, spiritually and emotionally in ways that were translated into their writing. [28 minutes]
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Literacy & Languages
- Series Length
- 8 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 28 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: This new series presents the lives and literary output of over 60 of America's most read authors. Designed for literary enthusiasts and history buffs alike, Great American Authors is a must for every 21st century library and classroom. Authors are presented chronologically in concise, stand-alone clips.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Great American Authors: Since 1650 aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Program 8: 1958-Present (#108)
- Program 7: 1950-1957 (#107)
- Program 6: 1940-1949 (#106)
- Program 5: 1926-1939 (#105)
- Program 4: 1907-1925 (#104)
- Program 3: 1856-1906 (#103)
- Program 2: 1846-1855 (#102)
- Program 1: 1650-1845 (#101)