Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher
Delicious Destinations #1
Host Dan Kaercher visits a steakhouse in Albia, a café in Mount Vernon, a place known for huge burgers in Clayton County, an Italian gem in Washington county, a Pella bakery and a winery in southwest Iowa. [28 minutes]
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Dan Kaercher learns to make a Dutch letter at the Jaarsma Bakery in Pella, Iowa. 01:29
Dan Kaercher samples presidential cuisine at the Lincoln Cafe in Mount Vernon, Iowa. 01:39
If you say "supersize" me, you better mean it, as Dan Kaercher learned when he ordered a grilled entrée at Bogie's... 04:44
Prohibition of alcohol in the 1920s lead to a boom in bootlegging. Dan Kaercher shares his findings of one of... 05:59
Tucked into the rural Loess Hills of western Iowa is one of the more than 70 licensed wineries in the state. Dan... 06:12
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Dan Kaercher, founding editor-in-chief of Midwest Living magazine, travels Iowa in search of hidden treasures and out-of-the-way places for Iowans to visit and explore right here at home.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Iowa's Simple Pleasures with Dan Kaercher aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Episode #506
- Harvester Golf Course, Redwood Steakhouse, South East Iowa Art Tour, Mason City (#505)
- Scenic City Empress Riverboat, Clay County Fair, Drake Restaurant, Jester Park (#504)
- Skydiving, Lake City, Bily Clock Museum, Broadbent Distillery (#503)
- Geocaching, Little Swan Lake Winery, Saturday in the Park, Augusta Restaurant (#502)