New Scandinavian Cooking
Steamed and Grilled Asparagus with Sour Cream and Salmon Roe. From the episode "Slow River Dining".
- Watch more video from this program »
Series Description: Shot entirely on location, NEW SCANDINAVIAN COOKING offers a rich visual tour of Nordic cuisine, culture and history. Award-winning TV host, food journalist and cookbook author Andreas Viestad treats viewers to an eye-opening voyage through his native Norway, where he creates tantalizing recipes with unusual ingredients against stunning natural backdrops. In several episodes, two guest chefs - Sara La Fountain and Claus Meyer - join Andreas on his culinary adventures through Finland and Denmark.
All Upcoming Episodes
Rich Farmland (#301)
Popular Sausage (#302)
These episodes of New Scandinavian Cooking aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- West Coast of Norway: All Is Well - If There Is Herring (#204)
- Northern Norway/Italy: Dry But Tasty (#203)
- Mid-Norway: Old-Fashioned Sweet Tooth (#202)
- The South of Norway: Shellfish for Summer (#201)
- Pyramids of the North (#111)
- Winning Game (#110)
- The Holy Fish (#109)
- Yesterday's Food for the Future (#108)
- Food for a Viking (#107)
- Many Flavors of Lamb (#106)
- Mackerel - The Shiny Bounty of Summer (#105)
- Rye Bread for a Queen (#104)
- The Mother of Invention (#103)
- Slow River Dining (#102)
- Common, Yet Tasty (#101)
- It All Starts with Kids (#303)