The Beef Chronicles (#106)
Series Description: Part travelogue, part food fantasy and part documentary of self-discovery, the public television series KIMCHI CHRONICLES follows acclaimed chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten and his Korean-born wife Marja as they explore and celebrate Korea's cuisine and culture in the company of chefs, home cooks and their good friend, actress Heather Graham. In each episode, Marja and Jean-Georges step into restaurants and home kitchens to experience real, authentic Korean cooking. Going straight to the source to find the best of Korea, they visit every corner of the country - from the rolling hills of Jeju Island's green tea gardens to a sprawling market in Seoul pulsating with activity, all the way to the thriving seaport in Sokcho, just 10 miles from North Korea. Then, Marja and Jean-Georges return to their country kitchen in Westchester, New York to re-create some of their favorite recipes alongside their neighbors, actor Hugh Jackman and his wife, Deb. Jean-Georges also demonstrates his command of simple, flavorful combinations by creating new dishes inspired by the Korean pantry.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Kimchi Chronicles aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Kimchi Chronicles Conclude (#113)
- The Street Food Chronicles (#112)
- The Pork Chronicles (#111)
- The Noodle and Dumpling Chronicles (#110)
- The Chicken Chronicles (#109)
- The Seoul Food Chronicles (#108)
- The Fish Chronicles (#107)
- The Beef Chronicles (#106)
- The Bean Chronicles (#105)
- The Seafood Chronicles (#104)
- The Jeju Chronicles (#103)
- The Rice Chronicles (#102)
- The Kimchi Chronicles Begin (#101)