Becoming Successful In Middle School 3
Making The Most of Middle School (#307)
Six highly successful high school students share their personal stories to model how to make the most of middle school, encourages viewers to explore extracurricular activities, do volunteer work, assess their values and interests, think about possible future goals, and most importantly, understand that middle school academics need to be the #1 priority for high school preparation. [19 minutes]
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- Curricular Areas
- Series Length
- 8 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 18 minutes
- Record Rights
- Recording/duplication allowed as long as IPTV broadcasts the series. If you miss the broadcast, contact your AEA for copies.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: This series offers vital information to middle school students as they deal with peer pressure, cheating, bullies and their own identities, and challenges students to start thinking about their academic futures.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Becoming Successful In Middle School 3 aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Cliques: Where Do You Fit In? (#308)
- Making The Most of Middle School (#307)
- Is College for Me? (#306)
- Flirting Or Hurting? When Is It Okay? (#305)
- Cheating: Pressures, Choices and Values (#304)
- Your Reputation: Enhancing It, Repairing It (#303)
- Play It Safe: Strategies Safe School Environment (#302)
- The "Are You A Bully" Test (#301)