Tomorrow: Japan Beyond 3/11
Projects for Future Generations? A Year at the OECD Tohoku School (#231)
The OECD Tohoku School was opened with backing from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in March, 2012. It's a huge project for children of the three prefectures hardest hit by the disaster, to create a publicity event for their region, in Paris in the summer of 2014. About 100 children between the ages of 12 and 18 are involved. Many lost family members in the disaster or are living in temporary housing even now, but they are enthusiastically preparing for the event. It was formally ratified when selected members visited Paris in May, 2013, with the Mayor of Paris promising his full support. The program follows several pupils closely as they work on this 2-year project. [28 minutes]
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Tomorrow: Japan Beyond 3/11 aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- Teenagers in the Disaster Hit Communities Striving to be Citizens of the World (#229)
- Projects for Future Generations? A Year at the OECD Tohoku School (#231)
- Messages from Mothers (#227)
- A New Departure: SCK Girls Standing on Their Own Feet (#228)
- Memories Washed Ashore (#230)