Shark Mountain (#2202)
This episode has not aired in the past few months on Iowa Public Television.
Full Program: Some 300 miles off Costa Rica is Cocos Island. Welcome to Shark Mountain. 51:41
Capturing the courtship of large marbled stingrays is like filming a ballet.From Shark Mountain, airing on the NATURE... 02:26
A rare look at a red-lipped batfish, one of the strangest residents of the underwater kingdom off of Cocos Island.... 01:40
When legions of hammerhead sharks pass over filmmaker Howard Hall, the schools are so dense they blot out the sun.... 01:05
A swarm of male white tip sharks attack a single exhausted female shark in one of the most violent courtships in the... 03:01
- Watch more video from this program »
Information For Teachers
- Grade Levels
- 6-8, 9-12
- Curricular Areas
- Science & Technology
- Series Length
- 290 episodes
- Average Episode Length
- 57 minutes
- Record Rights
- Record and retain for 1 year from each broadcast. No duplication allowed.
- Visit the Website for Teacher Resources
Visit the IPTV Education website to access timely, relevant resources for your classroom.
Series Description: NATURE, television's longest-running weekly natural history series, has won more than 200 honors from the television industry, parent groups, the international wildlife film community and environmental organizations, including the only award ever given to a television program by the Sierra Club.
All Upcoming Episodes
There are no broadcasts currently planned. Please check back for future broadcast dates.
These episodes of Nature aired in the last few months on Iowa Public Television.
- The Funkiest Monkeys (#3105)
- Invasion of the Giant Pythons (#2708)
- My Bionic Pet (#3108)
- The White Lions (#2912)
- The Sagebrush Sea (#3213)
- Animal Childhood (#3212)
- Parrot Confidential (#3103)
- Mystery Monkeys of Shangri-La (#3211)
- Animal Homes: Animal Cities (#3210)
- Nature's Guide to Animal Homes: Location, Location, Location (#3209)
- Animal Homes: The Nest (#3208)
- Animal Misfits (#3201)
- The Mystery of Eels (#3010)
- Ireland's Wild River (#3107)
- Attenborough's Life Stories: Our Fragile Planet (#3007)
- Attenborough's Life Stories: Understanding the Natural World (#3006)
- Attenborough's Life Stories: Life On Camera (#3005)
- Owl Power (#3207)
- The Last Orangutan Eden (#3206)